My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

dsdn 101 | sound

I have found a great 10 sec sound bite that I can use for my final hand-in. I found it on freesound.org
and the file is designated 'Attribution Non-Commercial' which means I can use it for my project as long as I attribute the work in the way specified by the author. Details here
So, it can found here

I have been experimenting with my sounds in Audacity. With the help of Michael S I have sped up the 10.66 second loop on the second and third loops so that they are increasingly more manic. I have also inserted the opening bars of the Marseillaise (the french national anthem) that will be paired with a group of red white and blue (bleu, blanc, rouge) dots 'marching' into the stage as a way of expressing the importance of that part of my personal history to my culture. I am not sure if I am going to use the clip though (I want it to feel really well integrated but at the moment it is a bit rough and jarring). Listen here (bit of patience required while file loads... depending on your connection):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94891828/didge_marseillaise_V1.wav

Still, it is fun to play with it and cool to put Audacity through its paces.

The Motif reaches this stage (below) by the end of the first loop...

©2013 helenkwilliams




No comments:

Post a Comment