My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Saturday, August 17, 2013

dsdn 144 | project 2 - proposal


For this project I will express the passage of time via photography by taking a series of images of my young daughter’s clothes from birth to present day (she is now almost 3 and half). 

I will present the work using time lapse photography with the items of clothing placed using a technique similar to stop motion animation. I want to show how emotional these inanimate objects can be when photographed in this context.

I will use a simple background and one light source. From past projects I know how important it is to keep the lighting consistent so I will probably shoot in my garage. I want it to feel like a craft project – there needs to be a sense of homeliness.


I am interested in exploring the use of the Premiere Pro/ After Effects plug-in Twixtor to move through the changes of clothes in a really smooth, slow-motion way. I am interested in building on my Premiere Pro skills which I have recently been using to do an assignment for one of my second year papers.

As part of the process I will put together a short clip of images showing my little girls's face undergoing the transformation from new-born to young child. This will accompany my final hand-in.





No comments:

Post a Comment