My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Saturday, August 17, 2013

dsdn 144 | my own work


I have been mucking around a bit with my new camera and have two images that I haven't been able to get out of my mind.

The first is the very first photo I took with my new camera. I feel like this banana is lurking in the shadows. Like it's capable of murder. I really like the light reflecting on the top. (Shining in a way that a banana really shouldn't).

I shot it with a macro lens on our kitchen bench at night.

©2013 Helen K Williams
The other is this one that I almost deleted as it was part of a series I shot for the stop-motion exercise. When I went back to look at this, the first shot of the series, I was almost regretful I hadn't used stairs as a subject for Space (project one).

I like the play of the shadows on the stairs. The backpack off to the left (descending the next set of stairs). The different textures. How linear/geometrical the image is.

©2013 Helen K Williams
I decided to add a black and white layer in Photoshop. Just to contrast the two. I prefer the colour one. The B & W seems a little dull.

©2013 Helen K Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment