My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Sunday, August 18, 2013

dsdn 144 | precedents - time

I have started looking for photographers who have used composite imagery to convey the passage of time. The first I have found is Fong Qi Wei.

His series, Time is a Dimension, explores the idea of time being split into fractions and the difference between each fraction is represented by the intensity and colour of light present at the time of the image being taken. His work results in single composites 'made from sequences that span 2-4 hours, mostly of sunrises and sunsets'. (Wei, 2013)
Source
This is interesting to me as inspiration for my project. Can I use clothing to achieve the same effect as the 'slices' of sky? Even though it could be perceived as a literal translation of the passage of time, I like that the artist is using this method to push the boundaries of his ideas.
I also like the collage effect which relates to my intention of making my project look arts and crafty.


Wei, F. Q. (2013). Time is a Dimension
Retrieved from http://fqwimages.com/time-dimension/




No comments:

Post a Comment