My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Sunday, August 4, 2013

dsdn 144 | fourth shoot

By now I was keen to photograph some older style bathrooms with a little more history and patina.
There were two bathrooms in this house - I ended up using one of the guest bathroom in my final series of four which is the only one in my series without a mirror behind but I was intrigued by how still this space was (which is exactly how this house feels whenever I visit it) and thought it had a place among the others. It also evokes a powerful feeling of times past for me. The soap on the dish looks as though it may have been there for years. I still experimented a little with my idea of depicting forgotten space but have shelved it for later.




©2013 Helen K Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment