My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Sunday, August 5, 2012

saturday vivian street

Utter frustration - twice now I have reached 10 iterations and then lost my work. First time I forgot to save then it crashed. Redid it all this morning but had been saving to a temp internet file and ... well you know the rest.

So finally have it all saved nicely and am taking advantage of weekend in 322 and using two computers to work and blog while waiting for the computer to open a new modifier.


Part of my work from today
  I feel like I am progressing my idea of a battle for domination with this iteration; however I am having real problems with my file taking AGES to load and change.



Final iteration for the day - the troublesome one - but look at that lattice work...
I have reached the point where I am going to have to do something radical in order to continue my work. The lattice modifier makes the file so heavy it literally takes 20 minutes to open, and the same time is involved with each modification and that is with the current iteration in isolation mode.

I decided at home tonight that I am going to save this file. Start a new one and get rid of the last few iterations that include the lattice work and start again. Hopefully this will help.


No comments:

Post a Comment