My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Monday, August 20, 2012

monday vivian street - hand in

So after a LOOOONG night I have a hero image:


I am happy with this image - I really love the textures and shiny wings of my thread beast
But even after literally all weekend and this morning I have been unable to overcome the issue of rendering all 81 iterations all at once. I struggled to get them on a file...but managed to yesterday then found it wouldn't render. This is the screen I got over and over:

the render screen of death
So I googled the error message and tried a few things but to no avail...I ended up isolating the 10 objects that were causing the bother... so I got up one render of the scene without those:

I call this 'everything but the rogue 10'
I came in early this morning to try and do 10 more iterations that could replace the 'rogue 10' and did it! I added them, but found I got the 'render fail screen of death' again.

So I handed in what I had and can definitely say I did (more than) 81 iterations - there's even a .max file to see but no render...

I am satisfied that my work demonstrates the words: work, thread and aggression. I am armed with the knowledge that lattice is a modifier I will not revisit in a hurry. I can't wait to have my fully rebuilt computer at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment