My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Thursday, April 11, 2013

dsdn 111 | today's studio process work

Bearing in mind we have much less time to complete this project, I forged ahead with sketching and after reviewing my images and quick sketches from the last studio:

 

I most liked the ideas around the swim stroke
So I started sketching more ideas around the swim stroke
From this work I confirmed my words:


build-up (and) release (of) energy

 I then worked on the idea of making one simple figure that expresses build-up and release.
I drew this
Then I tried to recreate this in the paper I had bought for the project but found the paper loose and it would not do what wanted, so I think it will be Rino plastic for me.

first iteration...?
 Incidentally here is an image (found here) taken by my friend Neale who is attending the Salone del Mobile 2013 - he credits it as being by Poliform though I could not find any more info about it so I will have to wait to till I hear from him to found out some details (like who the designer is etc). Isn't this all about fluid form?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment