My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

dsdn 111 | mass (foam) form

First sketch. I had this to start with as I entered the workshop. I have been playing around with ideas in 3ds Max as well but found sketching more effective.

Sketch ideas for foam form.

Since I have developed my wire form further I was afforded an opportunity to explore assymetry with this form as well.

I used the outline of the wire object to inform my sketches.

So this image

Side view wire form


Became this sketch:
Sketch of side view

 And the alternate side view image

Alternate side view
Became the sketch that was the first design of the foam form:
 Finally, I used the front view image of the wire form

Front view

 To become the plan for the foam cut outs.
Plan for cut-outs
 And used adhesive labels cut to these sizes as templates for cutting the foam:
Templates - adhesive labels
I cut the five pieces then shaped them one by one to complete the form

Foam form - left side view

Foam form - rear view




No comments:

Post a Comment