My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ddsdn 144 | precedent

I am a big fan of Bill Henson. Can't think of a way to apply his techniques to my projects but want to post something as inspiration. I find his work very beautiful and sometimes quite disturbing. My eye seems to always be very pleased by heavy outlines, strong contrasts and the illusion of depth in art. The chiaroscuro technique that is employed by Henson in much of his work helps achieve this effect. Henson also prints his own work and almost always shoots on film because of the depth of tone this produces.

Time Magazine's LightBox series has a nice collection here (definitely click on 'view full screen')

The one I like most from these is:

Source



No comments:

Post a Comment