My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Thursday, October 3, 2013

ccdn 231 | proposal for project 2


For this project I will further explore the act of going to the toilet through a magazine/printed publication format.

I will conduct three sensory experiments involving the depiction of the act. I will alter the context in each of the three acts. I will depict the act so that in each case I produce moods of:


Glamour | Austerity | Comfort


I will choose one of these experiments and in a written rational I will justify the changes I have made by relating my practices to wider social and cultural 'structures of feeling'.

These are the slides I have produced to illustrate my proposal.*
I wanted to give the viewers a sense of how my publications would appear and feel.


Austerity

Comfort

Glamour

I will present my sensory experiments to the class. The presentation will include 2 images from each experiment and a summary of my rationale. The presentation will be no longer than 5 minutes. I will then hand in my presentation slides and 500 word justifying and relating one sensory/emotional experiment to a wider social and cultural ‘structure of feeling’ to the R:Drive.
* I was unable to present this due to illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment