My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Sunday, September 30, 2012

sunday betty street

More tiled vessels being explored. This time I used array to arrange the tiles so I know they are equidistant and perfectly arranged. I have started on the square tiles as an alternative as seen here

I have arranged 500 tiles:

Pre-bend

Bend: angle = 371deg and direction = 90deg
With lid - made with same 500 tiles then bent on the X axis at 5000 degrees
  
Still looking for texture ideas for the treasure box. Came across this which has the right colour and I like the idea of the tiles having the raised little knobs on each of them. This is interesting because I need to keep the pattern simple because of the size of the final object.

Source

And I am interested in the concept of Babushka dolls, (also called the matrushka doll) playing a part in my design.This grew from the container or waka huia notion especially the idea of precious objects being contained within. The Babushkas nest inside one another with the smallest or youngest at the centre. I hope to represent this concept in my design.

Source


No comments:

Post a Comment