My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Thursday, July 24, 2014

ccdn 244 | project one proposal

The brief so far:

[Photographers use certain techniques to enhance their work all the time].

From high dynamic range imaging (HDR) to provide a wider spectrum of exposure to merged imaging and manipulated colour values. In this project we will experiment with various photographic manipulation techniques in order to construct both day and night based, geographically specific panoramas.
These panoramas will then be converted into mini-planets and placed on a locational map of Wellington to form a class “solar system” of the Wellington region.

Objectives:

Lately I have been researching 'duality' - duality of nationality, (i.e. New Zealander vs Australian) duality of language, (i.e. English vs. French) duality of roles (i.e. student vs mother/wife) Because of this I am interested in finding out about dual meaning in this project, and using these themes to inform the subjects of my photography. I will use the techniques I am learning in the course to enhance my work.

My goal is to express duality in a way that others will comprehend and perhaps relate to.

 The strategy: 

The strategy will be to research precedents for this theme as well as mini-world images that inspire me.
I intend on photographing both at home as well as in Wellington to best express the two 'worlds' I inhabit.

The outcome:

The ideal outcome will be a series of worlds (or at least two) that clearly express the idea of duality.

Inspiration:


My first ideas sprouted from this Instagram image. It is a picture of a 'village' my daughter made at home. 

© luckiestwomanalive 2014

I like the idea of setting up a line of these and photographing them up close in panoramic form then using the miniworld method to create a colourful little version of this:

Source

I also noticed this image on Leon's professional blog and am interested in this kind of representational symbol as well as the fact that the first thing it reminded me of was this project.

Source
I did start trying to shoot the boat houses at Paremata today, however I need a zoom lens as they are just too far away. Plus I am bored out of my brains by the landscape shtick. I have also failed to leave enough sky at the top of some of my images. Largely because I ignored Leon's advice about shooting with the camera in portrait orientation.

© luckiestwomanalive 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment