My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Monday, June 3, 2013

dsdn 101 | project 3 developing work - hand-in

I spent the best part of the weekend trying to get to the point where I could upload my work but realised today I could get a lot more out of presenting a more complete draft done in Flash.

So I more or less got the story out within a 48 second time-frame (with a couple more minor scenes to go) and in fact this was an excellent excercise in terms of understanding how the story will play out.

I have two options for sound - both composed by family members, one on acoustic guitar and the other on piano. There will also be additional sounds added to the clip where appropriate. I did not add any audio to my submitted clip.

I used all the art work except one image from my file of R's characters and saw how they will work as I progress with After Effects and Premiere. I am keen to receive feedback too.

Here is the clip:


The message at the end reads as follows: This is not my stop motion animation.... Because I am still assembling my frames for my SMA I have put together a quick Flash version using the artwork I will use in my final submission – it has been a useful exercise as it has allowed me to work out my timings more accurately. It also helped me to understand the overall feeling of the clip – what is funny and what is boring. The clip finishes at 48 seconds at the moment so I have 12 seconds to complete the clip. Which should be perfect. Thank you for watching...

No comments:

Post a Comment