My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Monday, November 17, 2014

dsdn 142 | creative coding | first foray into Processing

So I downloaded the book 'Getting Started With Coding'. I also downloaded Processing (the software) and have made my first programme - an ellipse - from page 9 of the text. Note (hopefully) correct referencing:

© luckiestwomanalive 2014
And then I did exercise two - Make Circles
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
Then I adjusted the size of the project (to 600 x 600) and put it into 'present' mode. No more Bon Iver wallpaper.
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
And then I changed the fill the colour specified in the example given to us in the studio
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
Then experimented with the colour selector - I found a nice pink and then copied the hex code into my code as opposed to using the RGB code.
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
NB Birgit reminded us to go to color.adobe.com for some awesome colour schemes. She also showed us how to change the background with the addition of some simple code:
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
Then finally the size of the ellipse:
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
...and the colour of the stroke (now white on the pink ellipse).
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
For extra fun - it is possible to vary the ellipse size relative to where the mouse moves...
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
And to halve the size of the ellipse:
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
Even to change the size of the shape to a rectangle:

© luckiestwomanalive 2014
And the stroke weight:

© luckiestwomanalive 2014

And no fill:

© luckiestwomanalive 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment