My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Friday, November 21, 2014

dsdn 142 | creative coding | chapter 3 - draw

OK - I need to go back to basic trig for this. x,y coordinates etc - I cannot even begin to remember when it was that I last thought about this stuff. My old maths teacher, Obsie, would be proud.

So First we are thinking about sizing the screen and I am continuing on with 600 x 600 pixels.

I have located the centre and drawn a point there - it's there, I promise. There's also a point, one pixel in, in each of the four corners:

© luckiestwomanalive 2014

Then I drew a line:

© luckiestwomanalive 2014
Then a line on a 45 degree angle:
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
Then an equidistant triangle:
© luckiestwomanalive 2014

...and a quadrangle.
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
Now a rectangle:
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
And an ellipse:
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
Then finally an arc (which uses the value of pi for construction).

© luckiestwomanalive 2014
© luckiestwomanalive 2014
With the arc creation, I prefer to use degree measurements,so - as per the instructions, I converted to radians with the radians() function"

© luckiestwomanalive 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment