My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Thursday, July 25, 2013

ccdn 231 | week 1

We've been assigned tutors - I am in Kath Foster's tutorial again.

The usual intro's ensued and we did a quick excercise based on our movement in a one hour period in the past 24 hours and using a chart to represent the movement as well as a corresponding emotion.

Here's mine:

Pattern Excercise


I think this was useful in getting us to think about being conscious of everyday acts.

When telling the class about one of the 10 minute periods I talked about taking a shower (third from left). I used purple patches arranged in an ordered pattern to describethe movement which for me is very routine and since it's a daily ritual that I can go into an auto-pilot mode to complete, I use this time to collect my thoughts and plan my day ahead, so the purple groups also represent that process. I find this deeply relaxing hence my emotional state which is uncomplicated and easy - like the blue stripes.



No comments:

Post a Comment