My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

dsdn 111 | wig 101

Am closer to working out a direction for my first project today - words I have been thinking about are: BOXED-IN, ORDER, CORNERED and DIMINISH.
I am interested in exploring the effects of these situations on the psyche. I started by constructing a box out of scrap paper that is quite thick (and is printed on, on the exterior side).

 First box
Our tutor brought in some books from the library - one was 'Experimental Architecture' by Lebbeus Woods which featured some interesting ideas around architectural design responding to the outcome of environmental forces such as earthquakes. I liked the way his designs seemed to involved interior forces breaking out of their formally ordered containment. It seemed to relate to my other ideas so was building on this line of thought when I sketched the following plan for my card object.

Stepped out plan for the word(s) 'boxed in'

No comments:

Post a Comment