My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Saturday, July 21, 2012

saturday 322


More imagery for chosen word: WORK

Source



To me 'work' signifies machinery and time combining forces to produce something. The rusty and aged dashboard complete with speedometer recounts a narrative of journeys made. Each element has a job although the car probably doesn't work anymore. So does this image symbolise work? I feel like it does. Maybe work done.


More imagery for chosen word: Thread

Source


I chose this because it signifies the thread of a line working its way through the landscape and further emphasises my interest in the supporting words such as 'pattern' and even 'pierce' (the lines of the track join in the distance to form a point - to me the thread pierces the landscape). I find myself moving toward an industrial theme. I am more interested in what happens when a thread is held taught although I appreciate the duality of thread - when loose it is soft and pliable.

Finally, first tutorial of Solidworks conquered...


No comments:

Post a Comment